Community Development Philanthropy Success Stories
Learn how the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship's empowering research is being used by the Amarillo Area Foundation in their work across the Texas panhandle. For more information about how our Community Development Philanthropy tools can help your community craft a strategy for long-term prosperity, download our free guide.
- Impact story of Jeff Pickering on TOW impact on Kern Community Foundation
- Wealth in Kern County and Its Communities study
The Telluride Foundation is partnering with the Center for Transfer of Wealth and Community Engagement services to build and expand the work of the Paradox Community Trust reaching underserved rural communities in southwestern Colorado. Read more about this evolving project!
Hear Mark Brewer, Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy ®, Chairman, Florida
Philanthropic Network, and President/CEO, Central Florida Foundation
speaking at the Florida Chamber Foundation's Future of Florida Forum,
October 2013. In his speech Mark makes the connection between private,
government and "third" sectors and emphasizes the importance of the state's
transfer of wealth opportunity as outlined in the Transfer of WealthTM study
produced by the Center. (Video)
- Video story of Jill Blickhan of TOW impact on the Community Foundation of the Quincy Area
- Missouri Transfer of Wealth Study
- Illinois Transfer of Wealth Study
- Communicating about the TOW Opportunity in Washington County
- Washington County Community Foundation sponsored and produced a number of videos, including the following:
Congratulations to Center client and partner, Foundation for Appalachian Ohio (FAO), for receiving The Secretaries' Award for Public-Philanthropic Partnerships 2014 for its Growing Home Initiative. In addition to serving as technical advisor for the grant and initiative, FAO engaged the Center to develop a curriculum designed to help communities launch, grow, and develop community funds dedicated to enriching the county's quality of life and creating opportunities for the county's citizens that have not been available in the past. You can read more about it HERE.
You can also read about the research work and benchmarks the Center proposed to FAO in its second annual Regional Opportunity Scorecard 2014, which looks at the region's philanthropic assets, development and growth.
- Interview with Bob Sutton, former President and CEO of the South Dakota Community Foundation
- Wealth in South Dakota and Its Counties Updated study
- Transfer of Wealth study in progress